Xian is the starting and the Eastern ending point of the famous Silk Road. It served as a capital city for over 1000 years and 13 different Chinese dynasties
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Xian Muslim Citytour 1D
Starting & Ending Point of the Silk RoadXian is the provincial capital of Shaanxi Province in central Northwest China. “Xi” means in Chinese western and “an”, peace, the “Western Peace”. Xi´an served as a capital city for more than 1 000 years and 13 different Chinese dynasties, among which, the Western Zhou, the Eastern Han, Sui and, particularly, Tang. Xian was called in ancient times Chang´an, the Perpetual or Eternal Peace City.Xian is the starting and the Eastern ending point of the famous Silk Road. It is one of the four major historical capitals of China in ancient times. Many believe that China started from here. Xian is probably the first city in China that discovered Islam as early as 651 AD, through the Arab traders that settled in the city. As a result, Xian Great Mosque is one of the earliest mosques built in China in 742 AD. One other non-fading fact of the Islamic influences over Xian is Xian Muslim Quarter.
Terracotta, a Unique Attraction WorldwideBecause of its extremely rich historical heritage, Xian is regaining more and more popularity as a favorite destination for tourists from allover the world. Xian is home to countless number of touristic attractions and historical sites as the Big and Small Wild Goose Pagodas, the Ancient City Wall, the Drum and Bell Towers, the Great Mosque and the Muslim Quarter, the Famen Temple, the Shaanxi History Museum, Xian Museum and Xian Qianling Mausoleum (video). However, Xi´an´s major historical site is without doubt the Imperial Terracotta Army Museum.
Tour Information Highlights
Duration: Approximately 8 hours
Departures: Everyday upon request
Features: Exclusive private guided tour
- Terracotta Army Museum & reproduction factory
- Great Mosque /Salat at Great Mosque
- Bell & Drum Tower Square
- Muslim Quarter/Community
- Time of Departure: Upon your request
- Hotel Pick-up: please, advise your hotel details at the time of booking
- Return Details: Tour returns to your hotel
- Infants aged 2 years and under: free of charge.
- Child price is applicable for children aged 3-12 years.
NB.: When booking children's tours, a minimum of 2 passengers is required.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- Transportation in an air-conditioned coach
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to mentioned attractions
- All government taxes
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Optional activity costs
- Gratuities to guide & driver
- Any other personal expenses
No Details Found